***


Blog created by TRENT LANGDON

TRENT LANGDON M.Ed, C.C.C.

TRENT LANGDON   M.Ed, C.C.C.
Educator / School Counsellor / Vice-President of the Newfoundland & Labrador Teachers Association (NLTA) / Speaker from Newfoundland & Labrador, CANADA

Baxter Langdon

Baxter Langdon
Dedicated to my grandfather; small in stature but stood tall with integrity...

Saturday 12 September 2020

Campaign for NLTA President 2021-2023

Dear Colleagues:

Thank you for taking the time to read my campaign message. 

I am seeking election for President of the NLTA. You will be given the opportunity to vote electronically during the week of November 23rd - 27th, 2020!




As your Vice-President, I have worked decisively and diligently to address long-standing issues within our workplace and respond to critical and emergent needs...I plan to continue this quality of service as your President.

We are a Union & a Professional Association - both are equally essential to our protection and growth. As Chair of your Negotiating Team and member of the Provincial Executive, these dual mandates drive my daily work.

Now is NOT the time to be complacent. The Newfoundland & Labrador public education system is undergoing significant change at unprecedented rates given the current COVID-19 panademic. I make every effort to educate myself on provincial, national, and international issues impacting education and teacher welfare (e.g. workplace mental health, violence, student accountability,...)

I value your time, your contribution, and your perspective. There are times when you need individual support and attention. I have been available to members as needed and will commit to serving you in this personal capacity.

It has been an honor to serve as your Vice-President and I look forward to working through future challenges with you.

I have been proud to represent you (under the direction of our President and Provincial Executive) and I am energized by the influence of our teachers throughout our province, in our communities and society as a whole.

I respectfully ask for your support on Election Day

Yours in Solidarity,

Trent



No comments:

Post a Comment